St George’s Hall
St George’s Hall, in Sparrows Green, was built on land acquired by the Parish Church in 1927 on the proviso it was used for social, religious and recreational purposes in connection with the Parish Church.
The hall is centrally heated and has a small stage, a well-equipped kitchen and separate ladies’ and gents’ toilets. Other facilities include a stage, a hearing loop, a projection screen and a piano. The Hall is available for hire up until 10:30pm, when the premises must be vacated. Bookings are normally taken for a morning, afternoon or evening session.
Currently the Hall is used on a regular basis by the following groups: Parents & Toddlers, Gardening Association, Brownies, Guides, Rainbows, Circle Dance, British Legion, Women’s Institute and Keep Fit. The Hall is heavily utilised during the week but is also available for private parties and other activities on a weekend.
Committee members who are representatives of the various groups that use the Hall manage the Hall on behalf of the Parish Church. St George’s Hall is self financing with funds generated by fees charged to users and a donation from the Parochial Church Council. In addition, fund raising events are arranged from time to time.
For details, or to make a booking, contact us.